The final Testnet reset of the year is now live. This reset is part of a routine update aimed at improving the robustness, efficiency, and user experience of the Topos stack.
Understanding the Impact of the Reset
The reset is a comprehensive clearing of all ledger entries and historical data on both the Topos and Incal subnets. This means that post-reset, users have to recreate accounts, assets, offers, liquidity pools, and other ledger entries. This process is crucial for maintaining the integrity and performance of our network, and we appreciate the community’s continued support and understanding as we build.
Key Upgrades in the Latest Testnet Reset
The upcoming Testnet reset is not just about starting fresh; it’s about bringing substantial improvements to our system. Here are the key upgrades to look forward to:
- Validator identity separation from the p2p layer: Adding a distinct ValidatorId to identify the double echo messages instead of identifying them within the p2p layer, thus bringing more flexibility and resilience to the network topology.
- CLI Interface Overhaul: We are streamlining our Command Line Interface (CLI) for a more user-friendly experience and working toward the near future goal of utilizing one unique config file to allow users to easily operate nodes.
- WebSocket Stream Block Listener Integration: This feature will significantly improve real-time data processing and responsiveness.
- Token Deployment and Management Enhancements: We’re refining the process for deploying new tokens in dApps and adding checks to prevent the duplication of token symbols.
- Global Query Feature in Topos Explorer: A new query feature will provide enhanced data accessibility and analysis capabilities. Users can now query the chain for data of multiple types: blocks, certificates, transactions, and accounts.
What do you need to do to prepare?
We urge all members of the Topos community to familiarize themselves with the necessary steps to recreate their test accounts, digital assets, and redeploy smart contracts. The comprehensive documentation, available at Topos Technology Documentation, is a helpful guide through this process.
If you run a local instance of the Testnet, upgrade to the latest release version found on Github.
This Testnet reset and the accompanying upgrades are not just about improvements; they symbolize our commitment to a trustless, secure, and interconnected digital world. As we continue to evolve and adapt, our focus remains on providing a platform that is not only technologically advanced but also aligned with the needs of our community.
We eagerly await your participation in the new and improved Testnet environment post-reset. Let’s continue to work together to build a more connected and efficient blockchain ecosystem.
For the latest updates and discussions, join us on our Discord channel. Your insights and contributions are invaluable in shaping the future of Topos.